Delicious Slow Cooked Beef Stew
- Dust your beef pieces in some flour and brown off in a hot pan. Just give them a nice bit of colour all around.
- Add your chopped veg and sweat for a few minutes with the meat in the pan. Turning so it cooks evenly.
- This is where it is time to add your stock, stout, ketchup, Yorkshire relish, dried herbs and bayleaves.
- Make sure that the beef and vegetable mix is just covered by the liquid. Cover and cook in a slow cooker for between 6 and 8 hours. If cooking on the stove cook on a low heat for between 3 and 4 hours.
- Add Potatoes into the stew in the last hour if you want to make it a complete one pot meal.
- Add salt and pepper to taste once the stew is cooked and the meat is really soft and melting. Enjoy – this one is a cracker!!
Submit a comment:
- 500g of Stewing steak
- 50g of plain flour to dust meat
- 3 onions roughly sliced
- 3-4 carrots cut into chunks
- 3 sticks of celery roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons of Goodall's dried Thyme
- 2 Goodall's Bay Leaves
- 1 Beef stock cube
- 1 Tbsp of Tomato ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Goodalls's Yorkshire Relish
- 250ml of Irish Stout ( I used Guinness)
- salt and pepper to taste